Search

Adventurer Devlog #4

Today I started on getting some tiles and props for the environment. It wasn't a particularly productive day, as my mother was constantly interrupting for spring cleaning. However, I have managed to get two assets done.


I attempted to put the first asset, my Kudros ground tileset, into Tilesetter, but I am struggling to get it to work properly. I am able to build it as a Wang tileset and get the images displaying correctly, but as soon as I try to paint it into the level, all that comes up is random sides - not in any sensible order and certainly not in an order I can use properly.


Once I had given up on using Tilesetter for the time being, I started working on props for the environment. I began with no real idea of what I wanted for Kudros. My initial intention was to make a building, but I decided I didn't have enough time, and the canvas I had loaded up in Aseprite was much too small. So instead, I decided to try smaller props. I began drawing up a simple wooden chest, but then it struck me that Kudros probably wouldn't be the type of place to use boxes, and definitely not to lock items away. so I turned it into a barrel, something that fits with the idea of refraining from straight lines. I imagine this will get reworked eventually as it was thrown together rather hastily.

2 views

Recent Posts

See All

Splash! (working title) Dev Log 1

The new project is finally here! Since I already purchased and installed a realistic water physics blueprint to my Unreal engine for the sailing mechanic in Project Gawain, I decided I wanted to make

Next Project

I mentioned in my last update that I would be working on a new project soon. This ended up being half right. I began working on a VR project fairly soon after, but this was also after having ordered a

CONTACT

FOLLOW

  • Facebook

©2017 by VoidLance.